Welcome to a 9alaxy far, far 4way

Another fan, another fan blog

7.07.2007

I, Robocup


Since I am a big fan of the new Battlestar Galactica (see previous entry) and loved the movie and book I, Robot, I have some mixed feelings about the idea of developing robotics to perform human and super-human jobs, but aside from that... it's really frakking cool! I guess in respect to the new Transformers movie, and the droids we know and love from Star Wars, there is some hope for robots... as long as the former aren't Decepticons.

Robocup is an organization focusing on the development of AI, and what makes them even cooler, although still a little creepy, is that they use one of my favorite sports to perform field testing: soccer.

The heat is on this week in Atlanta, where Robocuppists come together to put their bots to the test. This is really cool stuff!

No comments:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket