Welcome to a 9alaxy far, far 4way

Another fan, another fan blog

9.07.2007

2007 Browncoat Ball

The Browncoats are coming! Well, to Philadelphia, which I am nowhere near.

Anyway, who ever said I never report on Firefly stuff, eh? Nobody I guess, but the fans of Firefly who call themselves Browncoats are keeping the spirit alive of both their fandom and the greater community. The third ever Browncoat Ball is brought to us by the Pennsylvania Browncoats, and it's lookin' to be something purty speshul. The event will take place September 28-30, 2007 and registration ends September 15th.

2007 Philly Browncoat Ball home page

The Browncoat Ball tradition started in 2004, thanks to the efforts of the Chicagoland Browncoats, who also helped spawn the more organized network of Firefly fans through an ever growing membership in Yahoo Groups (that old thing still exists?). These fans have raised thousands of dollars under the banner of Can't Stop the Signal by hosting local screenings of Serenity to raise money for charity. And they are all so very pretty to boot ;)

Now if that's not a cool fandom, I don't know what is. The Browncoat Ball sounds like a blast, but alas, it's a little too far from home... except I know a few people down there I wouldn't mind dragging along with me. :D

For now... I'll be in my bunk.


... with Vera :D

No comments:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket