Welcome to a 9alaxy far, far 4way

Another fan, another fan blog

10.10.2007

More movie stuffs...


Thundercats is getting made into a CGI feature film! Even better, it's going to be developed by Gears of War art director Jerry O'Flaherty. NWOICE (okay, so the writer of linked article may not be so enthusiastic). Yeah, I know - another toon and/or superhero story goes to the big screen, but now that we can do this stuff for the big screen with much better results, I'm game.

I've been trying to keep up with the possible Wonder Woman movie that has been bouncing around the movie studios for a couple of years now. Joss Whedon was first signed on to develop the screenplay, only to be bagged.. er, or "leave" the project while Warner went with a spec script that is locked in a vault somewhere. More recently Wonder Woman has been coming up again, with the development of the Justice League movie. Some of the JLA characters would possibly get developed for offshoot films, Wonder Woman included. Jessica Biel was one of the more recent WW prospects but she (thankfully IMO) declined the role. What I wanna know is why the heck hasn't anyone approached Megan Fox (Transformers) - and if they have, why the heck hasn't she taken it. She is perfect! Okay, my opinion again.



So the non-news didn't end there. There were recent rumblings of a Warner top-exec saying that the studio would not produce any female led feature films. W00t? Okay, I'm a girl, so this one hits me a little hard. Supposedly Warner, and Robinov are denying any such remarks (see an article with updated WB response here). I admit, I'll agree with one of their angles - that any WW movie that goes to production will have to be the right combination of the right actor(ress), director, and timing. But even the rumor of such a mentality kills the morale, ya know? With characters like Starbuck from the new BSG, and... Starbuck from the new BSG (LOL - I stop here), I saw hope for women leads in action and sci-fi. *I'M* interested, but apparently the DWG's at studio top seats are skeptical. Just wait until I walk into that town ;)

Here's the biggie o' the day - Anakin and Mace are back and badder than ever before. Sam Jackson and Hayden Christensen star in this sci-fi action thriller about people with the ability to jump time and space, and those who have to hunt them down. Hayden is a "jumper" and Sam is a hunter. The folks who brought us the Bourne movies made this, so aside from Hayden and Sam, that's all I need to get me to the theater to see this. Check out the latest Jumper trailer:

DEFINITELY something I'll be looking forward to for February. Did you see the url at the end of the trailer? Got it linked for ya right here: anywhereispossible.com

6 comments:

Airyoda said...

Damn, that trailer looked sweet! Good to see HC in something potentially cool.

starthunder said...

Looks like it'll be a keeper!


_____________________________




Here's a little factoid about me (or maybe one could say TMI) - I had a Wonder Woman bathing suit when I was maybe 5 or 6. I remember it fondly. I'd wear it around the house just because!

amidalooine said...

WOW!!! Half naked Hayden...Force power-using Hayden (didn't it look like he picked up a light saber with the Force?)...white-haired Samuel L...and an Irish-accented guy...

I'M SO THERE!

nob01 said...

I heard some folks campaining for Eliza Dushku for WW - but I'm diggin' your Megan Fox idea.
I've got a funny feeling in me waters about Jumper - but I'm hoping I'm wrong - something just doesn't feel right - it's not buttering my muffin yet...

Hansgirl3 said...

That premise for Jumper sounds awfully familiar, but I can't place why. Hmmm...

Sarlacc-Pitt said...

Hooray for Thundercats and Wonder Woman! Bring it on already! I just hope that WW is done right, and isn't too dark or edgy... I like the feel and mood of the teevee show. It's definitely a tough project to cast and design...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket